Thursday, June 5, 2008

I love Wellington

I'm officially a fan of this amazing, windy city full of creative things! Went there for a girls' weekend with my friend Nic over Queen's birthday weekend, and had a blast. Spent hours looking at art in Te Papa and the NewDowse, and (mostly window)shopping. It's so great to see so much crafty stuff happening, and it seems quite mainstream. Is craft the new black? Love the new nz (Welllington) craft mag, WorldSweetWorld, pity you can only get it in one shop in Auckland (although it's a great excuse to go and buy some more kitchy gorgeousness in IkoIko!).

1 comment:

justagirl said...

Hey

Wellington in my favorite city as well... I love it too. We used to go there for class trips when I was at art school.

I have finally opened my Etsy shop, all rather exciting. It is sleepandhersisters... take a look and let me know what you think.