Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Part four: she's finished!



Meet Sophie, lover of all things vintage, but not really an old-fashioned girl... I finished her last night, and couldn't wait to blog her (I know, I'm so sad, no life! hehe).


I love the bit of jewellery in her hair, it's a broken old brooch I found in an op shop. She has green shoes because the first pair I made her out of brown macrosuede just looked wrong, and I decided green wasn't too bad at all, it goes with the eclectic look.


Cool, that's her done then. I've already started thinking about my next doll, maybe she'll be a bit younger looking, like a little girl. I've got quite a collection of dolls now, I've sold 3 so far, but am a bit reluctant to sell my last few. I suppose I'm sentimental about them, but I also think I should use their image instead of selling them (like illustrating kids' books or something). Any ideas?

4 comments:

CalicoDaisy said...

Hey there. Love your doll and her stripey legs. How do you put the hair on? Sew it down? I'm finishing up a folk art cat doll for a swap right now. I'm late, but it is nearly done, and I do hate to send her off.
-- Michele

ruby in the dust said...

Thanks! Yes, I just sew it on with cotton or the same wool as the hair.

Elo said...

Oh she is so lovely!!!! I love her legs!!!!!
This week I made my first Tilda and soon I'll post it in my blog!

dina said...

I love your dolls
they are really funny