Sunday, June 15, 2008

Part three: She's got hair! And clothes!


Wow, I really struggled to decide on this outfit, maybe it was the pressure of THE BLOG; I wanted it to look just right... I got over that pretty quickly though, and just wanted her dressed. So I went for my take on Trelise Cooper for the skirt, and got a bit creative with the shirt pattern. The hair then went on (old knitting wool from an op shop), and now she looks like she's a big Scrabble fan (according to my husband, Craig, maybe too big a fan). Oh well, nerds are in!


Now I still need to make her shoes and give her some jewellery; she might still turn out to be a cool nerd after all! I'll do that at craft group tomorrow night, and hopefully she'll be finished and named by Tuesday.

3 comments:

AnnieB said...

she is beautiful! what did you use to paint on her face?

great idea to chart her progress - is very interesting to follow

ruby in the dust said...

thanks! I use acrylic paint, textile paint would obviously work well too. I found some stencilling paint once that works very well for dry-brushing the cheeks (like Lily's). I finished her jewellery tonight, but still need to do shoes, hopefully all will be revealed by Wednesday!!

dina said...

great, I love ir