Monday, July 28, 2008

Veronica



Here she is, finally... a good mix of a raccoon and Kelly Osborne, with hints of Wednesday Adams. Struggled a bit with this one; she didn't seem to have much charm, but a bit more make-up saved the day. I finished the face before I stumbled upon something very cool, and now I'm dying to make another little goth. I'm probably a bit slow, maybe the whole world knows about this already, but I've just discovered harajuku. It's Japanese kids dressing up like manga characters and gothic lolitas, who hang out in the Harajuku area in Tokyo. They really go over the top with make-up and clothes. Check out this flickr page for some really amazing photos. They also like carrying little dolls and teddies around... something to think about.


Also took a photo of my next doll, Muriel. Found the name brooch in an op shop, had to have it! I dyed her fabric with tea, Earl Grey to be exact, left over from the last annual tea party. Can't wait to get started on her, but I'm probably going to be a bit busy with other crafts for the next while.

3 comments:

candeelady said...

The harajuku flicker photos were wild! I thought my dd wore some strange outfits but these are far more out there! Great inspiration for dolls

ruby in the dust said...

hi there, yes, those photos are incredible! very inspiring, so keen to make a few harajuku outfits :)

lilysmakebelieve said...

That tea dye worked a treat! I wouldn't know where to start, the doll is a stunner.