Saturday, September 27, 2008

An award and a doll show

Haha, no award has been won at any doll show (yet!), but I did get an award from Candeelady at GoGoGluegunFun. Thanks, and what a surprise!! I'd like to thank my mum and dad...

No, seriously, I understand it to be a bit of a celebration of the blogging community, and what a great chance to pay homage to your favourite bloggers. I'm going to have to quote Candeelady's blog, otherwise more might get lost in translation :)
To translate the gift from Portuguese to English, it means:"This blog invests and believes, the proximity" [meaning, that blogging makes us 'close' -being close through proxy]". They all are charmed with the blogs, where in the majority of its aims are to show the marvels and to do friendship; there are persons who are not interested when we give them a prize, and then they help to cut these bows; do we want that they are cut, or that they propagate? Then
let's try to give more attention to them!


So with this prize I must deliver it to 8 bloggers that in turn must do the same thing and put this text in their blog.

I'm going to deviate from their instructions a bit, and choose my favourite five (quality rather than quantity, I say):

Anemone

lily's makebelieve

Just a girl

Tiny Happy

Danita Art



About the doll show: I dropped my girls off yesterday, and I have to say, I feared for them last night as they stayed in the hall with all the reborn dolls. Hope they didn't have any nightmares...

7 comments:

justagirl said...

Hey thanks for that... wow that is my first ever award. So do I just copy and past and pass it on?

good to catch up with you again and read how you have been doing. I saw this amazing exhibition at the new dowse in Upper Hutt. It was about a family of dolls this man had created and their lives and connections to each other... really amazing and funny. There was a compition to create a new member of the family... you should give it a go have a look on the dowse website.

thanks again

ruby in the dust said...

Hi there K; yes, isn't it nice to get a little award just for being you :) I just copied the little award picture, sadly there weren't any links.

I know about that family, saw them in 'Thrift to Fantasy' by Rosemary Macloud (sp?), what a great book. I'll have a look at the dowse, thanks for the link! Cheers xH

Lily, Rosemary and The Jack of Hearts said...

hahaha re: the reborn dolls nightmares! And thank you so much for the award! and the kraftbomb well wishes. Very exciting it's also our first. :)

Danita said...

Thanks a lot for the award!!!

ruby in the dust said...

yes ladies, you're all much liked and read. Good on you all:)

Melissa said...

thank you for the award! it's lovely to find your blog. :)

kimberlee said...

wow your dolls are really FABULOUS!!!

i am finally back on line, its great to have my internet working properly again so that i can catch up on your blog.

again, those dolls are so so great, they look amazing all next to each other!

thanks for the award too, feelings are mutual :)
xoxo