Saturday, October 18, 2008

This is...my current reading material


I've joined a meme called This Is, which involves posting something on a given topic, every Sunday. Now I'm sure I'll have trouble being that organised, but it's nice to have a subject to write about, a bit like Creative Writing at school. (Which I'm feeling a bit sentimental about, as it's my High School reunion this weekend, and I'm on the other side of the world...)

Anyway, I've been so busy these past few months; I haven't read a good book since who knows when. So my reading matter is very practical: today I read the pikelet recipe from Edmonds for the 1000th time (I should know it off by heart by now), and this past week I've been reading a 1970's pinafore pattern for my niece Carly's 2nd birthday. It's a bit different using an old pattern: they had massive seam allowances, and finished seams off with bias binding. You can see the finished product here; I'm quite pleased with it, can't wait to see it on Carly tomorrow.

4 comments:

shoes off said...

It's soooo darn cute Heleen!

ruby in the dust said...

Thanks Jaz! as soon as you join those 7 friends, you can have one too... Hope you understand that one:)

kimberlee said...

i like your reading material! ha!

see you at kraftbomb?

ruby in the dust said...

Yes Kimberlee, will see you there; i have half a stall booked. got some cool medical illustrations I kept for you from my sticker-making :)