Tuesday, November 11, 2008

First new angel


I finished the first tree topper today (she's the front naked angel on the photo in the previous post). I'm still deciding on a name and whether she needs a flower in her hair (I think so). But I do know that I love the skirt... That green is one of my favourite colours. The belt is hand-embroidered cross-stitch I found in an op shop a while ago, while the flower on her top was cut from a bigger crochet doily and the trim around her neck from a frayed old tray cloth. Amazing what you can find in second-hand shops! I'm thinking of putting her in my shop, but am not sure of a price yet; she took so long to put together. I might work on the other angel tomorrow, but then again, I might just lie on the hammock with my boys, enjoying the beautiful spring weather...

2 comments:

shoes off said...

Loving the skirt! A hint of 'Glamour Arse' in there perhaps?

ruby in the dust said...

all the way, girl...