Monday, December 1, 2008

Great weekend!

Best bits of this weekend:
  1. camping at Muriwai under a BIG pohutukawa tree

  2. hanging out with friends in the sun

  3. black sand between your toes

  4. meeting Tracey Williams at Kraftbomb

  5. selling lots of goodies at K'bomb

Here's a couple of pictures of my latest creations I didn't have time to post last week. The birds were photographed in another Pohutukawa, very close to flowering. I had so much fun making them, and wonder whether they would do well as craft kits. I might try to make a few packs for the next market, so people can make their own little birdies.


These pouches were made from vintage embroidery fabric I had left over from my badges, or bigger pieces that weren't suitable for badges. I sold three of them yesterday.


Oh yes, and here's a picture of my stall. It was very full, maybe a bit too much, but I managed to fit everything in. Kraftbomb really went off yesterday; it was so busy, with everybody trying to get their shopping done before Christmas. Once again, I had so much fun meeting buyers and crafters, and was so impressed with all the great work out there. It's very interesting to see how many of us like the same materials, but use them in such different ways. My neighbours this time were Louise, who makes very lovely necklaces from old teaspoons, and Saira from Paper Fish, whose shark softies are really adorable.

I started chatting with Tracey Williams, a very talented local artist, while she was looking at my journals. She creates very delicate images with household objects used in a new context, very gothic NZ.

6 comments:

swap-away said...

Hi Heleen!
I love those purses. Do you still have the one on the top left? (fingers crossed!) It was such a hectic day but so lovely too. Hope you did well too, and thank you for the kind words about the pants!

swap-away said...

whoops! sorry didn't realise I was signed in as swapaway- its olivia :)

ruby in the dust said...

hey hey, it's your lucky day! shall i keep it for you until next K'bomb? It's $15 :)

QuirkyDolls said...

Love your dolls incredibly!!! the goth stuff is creepy ...to each his own I guess

R.W.S. said...

The purses are beautiful, I'll have to buy one next market! I think the birdies would make great kits. And I like the print. Hope Kraftbomb went well for you!

ruby in the dust said...

thanks ladies for your thoughts! I think I'm going to run out of time for kits this year, but there's always another Christmas, hey.