Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hi there!

Wow, I'm really struggling to get back into the swing of things after a very disjointed holiday that will continue until late next week. (Craig had to work between Christmas and New Year, so we're taking a proper break next week.)

So it's a new year and of course I've got a list of things I'd like to achieve. Mostly it's about organising: my house, life, workspace, business. Getting rid of clutter and junk. It's going to be difficult; I'm such a hoarder! Also I'd like to share my skills a bit. In a previous life I used to be a teacher, and really loved it. Maybe I can use this blog a bit better: add some tutorials and simple patterns.


But the crafting must go on, so here's some recent projects I've kept myself busy with. The gift tags are for my mum-in-law; I used my favourite paper craft tool, the circular punch. I've also been doing a bit of embroidery for my next badges, as you can see I've found a gorgeous vintage cloth with lots of blue birds on it. I'll be searching the op shops up north next week for some more of that. See you later then...

3 comments:

Sock Monkey Headquarters said...

Hello!
Am loving the blue birds...and i can relate to the wanting to share skills...i'm always so thankful to people who have tutorials and free patterns online..
xx
Deb

Bee said...

I need lots of help! Hehe. So great idea.

Plus, "Mostly it's about organising: my house, life, workspace...Getting rid of clutter and junk. It's going to be difficult; I'm such a hoarder!" = ME TOO!

I hope to declutter myself in the next week or so. Wish me luck, coz I'm gonna need it!

ruby in the dust said...

cool, I'll get started on those tutorials then :)