Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snails in the garden

There were two enormous snails in our garden this morning after the rain. I had to resist the urge to crush them...


I designed and made them yesterday; I'm very impressed with myself... This is the first softie design I've ever made that I'm completely happy with. Here's a close-up:

Why the frantic creativity? Well, I've been approached by a Chinese publishing company (they publish art/design magazines and books, looks ok on Babelfish) who want to include my softies and maybe my dolls too in an upcoming book called 'Hey my friend'. So I might become world famous in China, or at least have my 15 minutes of fame. Will keep you posted on that one...

5 comments:

Look Left Karen said...

They look great! Will you have them at the next Kraftbomb? Good luck w. the mag it sounds very exciting.

ruby in the dust said...

Thanks Karen! I think so, they're so much fun to make... Won't be there this month though, feb's a bit short for me...

Norma in NZ said...

Love your snails! I'd much rather see them in the garden than the slimey ones. Congrats on the chinese mag news.

QuirkyDolls said...

they are fantastic - I love the eyes on the ends of the --- what ever they are....cute, cute , cute

ruby in the dust said...

oh wow, thanks for all the great comments ladies! I think those eye things are called tentacles, but snails really have 4 of those, so not sure...