Monday, February 9, 2009

Welcome Frankie!!


I've just finished my latest doll, and am very happy with the result. Her name's Frankie, after my favourite magazine. She started out as a Christmas angel, but got left behind by my frantic pre-Christmas gift making frenzy, and I've been meaning to do something with her ever since. So here she is, just in time for Valentine's Day. Her look was inspired by the gorgeous embroidered fabric that became her skirt, and her hair is made from a very organic-looking skein of wool I found in an op shop (it could be hand-spun, it still has bits of grass in!). You can see more photos of her on my Flickr page; be sure to have a look at her lovely undies...

4 comments:

QuirkyDolls said...

She's fantastic and thanks for the turn on to Frankie mag :)

ruby in the dust said...

Thanks so much!

Bee said...

Love it! You are great at making softies. Well done.

ruby in the dust said...

Thanks Bee :)