Sunday, March 29, 2009

High Tea

Every year around this time about 10 of my girlfriends and I get together for a tea party. It originally started out as an excuse to use the lovely silver cutlery and floral china I had collected, and has ended up becoming an annual event we all look forward to. It's a great chance to sit down and pretend we're ladies. We like to bake and glam up a little and reminice about the year that's been and the one that's coming. Saturday was the 6th one; a perfect autumn day with great food and great friends.
Today was time for Kraftbomb again; a bit slow for me, even though it was busy. Had a great time chatting to my neighbours though, Polly from Polly in a Box and Charles from Jellybones (they make Gummy Bear jewellery, yummy). I also got some of my work in a cool little gallery called 'Next Door' earlier this week; it's on Hinemoa Rd in Birkenhead if you're on the North Shore. Have a great week :)

3 comments:

Bee said...

Oh yum, I love tea parties.
Sorry to hear I missed out on your RS goodies! I will have to wait till next month :-)

kimberlee said...

wow, what a great idea!
parties must be in the air!

Anonymous said...

My sisters and I recently put on a T party for my niece Teresa who was going back to Australia. We baked up a retro storm, had all the old china passed on from various elderly family members we could find, threw in some Champagne and had a fabulous afternoon, rolling into dinner. Lots of talking and laughter - great way to party.