Sunday, March 22, 2009

The tree of being far, far away

Yes! I'm now on Toggle, so if you'd like to buy one of my Golden Book journals or cute mirrors and you can't make it to Kraftbomb next Sunday, you know where to go. Find them respectively under 'Paper' and 'Accessories' on the Toggle site. I've got to take some better photos though, not sure those will sell my products!


I did some cathartic embroidery the other night, just wanted to share the result. A close family member in South Africa died in a tragic accident a couple of weeks ago, leaving behind his pregnant fiance. I felt so very far away, and it's been quite hard for me to deal with his death. I suppose this little picture is my way of saying goodbye...

2 comments:

Freshly Found said...

Wow, that is tough. Our thoughts go out to your friend's fiance.
Your embroidered tree is beautiful - Simple and cleverly done!

ruby in the dust said...

thanks very much :)