Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fabric


Here's a few of the fabrics I got last week. Being upholstery fabric, it's very floral, but that's exactly how I like my fabric designs anyway. I'm almost intimidated by all the new cotton, linen, wool and even silk pieces, and have started dreaming about making a quilt. Some of it will definitely end up as little pouches, but I'll let you know when something more creative happens.
A few people have asked me how the Devonport market went on Sunday. I was going to write about it earlier, but got side-tracked, so here's the news. It was quite busy, apparently 700 people came throught the doors, but not all of them brought their wallets. Maybe because it was on for the first time, not everybody knew about it and just happened to walk past on their Sunday stroll. Saying that, I had good sales and will definitely go again. Except for a few friends from K'bomb, the sellers were mostly unfamiliar to me. Some got snapped up by scouts from Toggle and endemicworld, which is a good sign. The next one will be held on the first Sunday in June and will be a bit shorter, from 10 to 2. You can see some photos of it here.

No comments: