Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hotties and skeletons

I've been a bit lazy with blogging; maybe because I'm not feeling very creative at the moment. I know just what will fix that: making another doll and a nice visit from my sisters. Only 3 weeks to go!

Speaking of said sisters, I made some hot-water bottle covers to save them from the NZ cold. I got the great idea for reusing a roll-neck jumper from Olivia who very generously shared it in a previous copy of WorldSweetWorld. This one was made from my sister-in-law Lesley's softest mohair jumper, the sleeve of which, by the way, became a dress for Lily.

The 'skeletons' in today's rather strange title refers to the song 'The wreck of the Diddley', which is Daniel's favourite song at the moment. He woke us up this morning to tell us he's been singing some of it (the chorus, beautifully!). It's by a NZ group called Fatcat and Fishface, who sing gory songs matched with sometimes quite gross videos, and our kids adore it.

2 comments:

The Devonport Craft Market / TOTO said...

Love the hottie! Very very cute. I am sure your sister will love it!

ruby in the dust said...

Thanks Sarah!