Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bedtime stories

Today Joshua, Daniel and I spent some time at the very busy Rotary 2nd-hand book sale, and came home with a couple of kilos worth of kids' books. Classic stuff, half of which will end up as journals. I couldn't believe my luck when I found a pile of little books called 'Bedtime stories', a collection of stories written in the 60's by one Uncle Arthur. He was a man on a mission (literally), and every story seems to have a Christian moral. What really amuses me are the photos and especially captions which could so easily be taken out of context. They are just asking to be printed on a range of silly greeting cards...



"Kathleen's pride and joy was her swing. She felt she was an expert 'swinger'."
"Dicky's pocket was bulging with lollipops."
"Micheal's hair just wouldn't go right. Though he combed and combed it, he wasn't satisfied."

5 comments:

Lesley Webb said...

Hahahahahahahaahaha! What a find. I think my favourite is Dicky's pocket!

ruby in the dust said...

ooh, I'm glad you like it as much as I do!!

jacci r said...

I love the girl who thinks she is a good 'swinger'

You're right they will make great cards.

Look Left Karen said...

Ha ha hilarious, what a great find!

kimberlee said...

oh the innocence! this had me laughing for sure.
and I am very jealous of the kilos and kilos of classic children's books you scored!!!