Monday, July 20, 2009

Paper cutting

I've just updated my etsy shop for the first time in months, with a lovely pouch I made the other day and a peg doll couple. I've reduced my prices, and really hope to sell something soon. I have a love-hate relationship with etsy; it feels like my shop is buried at the bottom of the pile and in order to be seen, I have to update it regularly. Then products sit there for months, and I don't update because I'd rather have stock on my market tables, and so it goes on. But enough of that...

I'm seriously in love with the work of yet another talented South African designer. Heather Moore is Skinny Laminx and she designs the most beautiful prints, some of which originate as paper cuts. Check out her work here, the previous link was to her also great blog. Inspired by her very detailed work, and on a mission to create some packaging for a future product, I tried my hand at cutting some paper. Some advice: get the sharpest knife you can lay your hands on; if possible this little orange tool. It's so easy to use, very ergonomical. Not too sure about that design though; it's a work in progress.

3 comments:

Jesse said...

What a great little tool! I like the design, too.
I know what you mean about Etsy - I haven't updated my shop in ages, because I've been filling wholesale orders (that I'm sure I landed via Etsy exposure), and I just don't have time to do both!

Kimberlee and Lies said...

Oh such lovely pouches, you know I'm a fan of them. I sincerely hope to make it this sunday, sigh... Yeh Skinny is tops eh.
X Lies

Niella said...

oooh how delightful:-)