Thursday, July 30, 2009

so busy doing nothing much

Morning kindy has changed my crafting life. Not for the better, I'm afraid. I seem to spend most of my days pleading with Daniel to get dressed QUICKLY, and driving to and from kindy. For those of you out of the kindy loop, the sessions are short: 8.30 to 11.30. Which leaves me with much less time for making than I used to have.


This week I've made some more pouches, including a little commissioned ipod pouch, prepared some more peg dolls, bought lots of zips and embroidered fabric at the op shop, and dreamt of making a new doll and some clothes for myself. I've also been looking at this very inspiring if oddly translated crafting book from the library (Sew Pretty Homestyle) . Perhaps a bit too much time was spent dreaming...


Here's a photo of my pouches in progress; two completed ones (coin purse and ipod cover) and the other three to show the fabric combinations. All of these were made with my stash of gorgeous upholstery fabric samples that could so easily have ended up at the tip!


I'll be at the Devonport Craft Market on Sunday; come round if you're in the area. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

These quite possibly are the best things I have ever purchased. I have used them to death. You should see the state of them! So filthy but still beautiful.