Friday, August 28, 2009

The birds are here

I'm so happy to announce that my latest product is ready to go! I've been thinking about it for the last year, and set myself the goal of having it finished for this Kraftbomb. It's been a very busy couple of weeks of illustrating, stamping, printing and sourcing materials as I was getting it all ready. What, you may wonder...

It's a make-your-own craft kit, beautifully packaged in little paper bags and a takeaway box, with my own non-graphic designer design skills. I like to think of it as handmade, but not homemade, if you get what I mean. These birds would look so cute on your Christmas tree...


I'm also going to add a 'refill' listing tomorrow (on Etsy), so you can make more birds without buying the whole box again. Hope all this marketing isn't too much; it's really just me showing off something I'm very happy with :)

5 comments:

Isis said...

what a lovely idea! looks fantastic, especially your non-designer design work :)

x isis

Bam Bam Creative said...

these are fantastic! I absolutely love them, and your design choices are very well executed and effective ;) I love the 'stitch' stamp.

I'll have to make sure that I bring some extra pennies to Kraftbomb to get one for myself this Christmas! =)

kimberlee said...

great work, you should be proud! they are so bright and colourful, and love the non graphic designer graphic design skills!

Ruby in the Dust said...

Oh wow, thanks guys :) I'm glad you think the design is good; here's hoping it will make me some money...

kristin said...

Have been lurking around your blog for a while and thought I'd say hi! Those birds are just too cute, hope they go well for you :)