Saturday, August 8, 2009

Heads or tails

I've spent the last few days preparing for a kindy market, making crowns and tails like crazy. I went a bit overboard with those tails, so will probably have some left over for Kraftbomb, Devonport Market and maybe Toggle as well. So come get your tails at the Chelsea Kindy Fair tomorrow, 10 to 1.30, Onetaunga Rd Birkenhead. Here's Joshua the model:

And here is a little look at Helga, the still naked, pregnant doll. She's the first doll I've ever made using somebody else's pattern, but I really couldn't resist changing it to suit me. The original doll is super-skinny, but this one has a nice round belly. And a nose, haha. Usually my dolls have very flat, moon faces. I'm still working on the outfit, so come back sometime in the week if you'd like to see what she ends up looking like.

6 comments:

Poppetto said...

What fabric is she made from?? She looks very lovely - I will be coming back for more images!

R.W. Scissors said...

Helga's great! I like her shape and nose, but most of all that hair! Brilliant.

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks very much :) She's made of linen; I love the colour and the texture. her hair is held together with a piece of wire, would you believe!

Jesse said...

The nose is great! Her face is so expressive, with so little detail.

Anna said...

Where did you get the pattern for Helga, if you don't mind me asking? She's beautiful by the way. I love the hair and her rosy cheeks.

Ruby in the Dust said...

Hi Anna, I got her pattern from one of the Tilda craft books; can't remember which one. here's a link to one of the books: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780715338643/Tildas-Summer-Ideas