Monday, August 3, 2009

A market and a dress

It was the Devonport Craft Market yesterday, and I took my camera along for a change. Here's a couple of photos of my table. Note the lovely little stand Craig built for my mirrors.

It was pretty quiet, which gave me a chance to catch up with some fellow marketeers. Look at the beautiful colours on Jamie from Porcelain Rove's table.
Helene from Mira Designs hand-dyes and -knits these perfect little cotton beanies.
When I got home, I worked on my now completed dress, out of Sewing Talk. Thankfully it's a pretty foolproof design, considering the instructions are written in a language I have no knowledge of... I found it pretty easy to make, but if you ever try making this dress, I'd recommend you use much wider bias binding than in the pattern (look at how wide your elastic is, then double that for the width of completed bias binding strips).
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night; hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Lara said...

What a gorgeous market stand you had! love the glimpses into other stalls there too :-)

Ruby in the Dust said...

Thanks Lara; come say hi if you're ever in the area!