Monday, October 19, 2009

It's business time

I really hope you sang the title of today's post (although it's not Wednesday, so maybe it won't work for you). Looks like I'm getting some of my sense of humour back; thank goodness for that.

I've been thinking, and making sums, and came to the realisation that I've got a long way to go before what I do can be called a business. I'm learning a lot these days, especially about pricing. Wholesale is a totally different ball game compared to craft markets, and I wish that I read this great book before I stuck my head in the bees' nest earlier this year. Other lessons: I need more sleep than I get. I am too impulsive. But also, thankfully, this: I really love what I do, so I'm going to learn how to do it properly. Bring on the Auckland Craft Collective next year, if it's not too late for me!

3 comments:

Nonavee said...

I know what you mean, when you get this clearing of the perspective. You are on a great path.

Anna said...

Oh you busy busy lady!

Ruby in the Dust said...

I feel a sabbatical coming on, Anna :) Thanks Nonnie,I feel I'm definitely learning as I go, so it's all good.