Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lolly scramble


Earlier this week I made some new brooches and mirrors, and I've had a chance to take some photos today. These brooches are so beautiful and colourful, they remind me of a bowl full of lollies. Just in case you're unfamiliar with my products, these are made using vintage embroidery and applique.

In the past year, I've experimented with both mounting them on cards and inside little plastic bags, but now I've decided to try something new. Because they're so tactile, I'm going to display them as is on my table, and customers can get a badge card if they want to give it as a gift. Here's the good bit: they're treated with Scotchgard, so should stay nice and clean. Thanks so much Bronwyn for the idea; I can't believe I've never thought of it before! If you've bought a brooch off me in the past and would like a little spray of said product, just come by my stall at Kraftbomb or Devonport close to the end of the market, and I can do it there and then. See you in Devonport tomorrow :)

9 comments:

The Devonport Craft Market / Cotton Kiwi said...

Fantastic idea! That Bronwyn is full of them. See you tomorrow.

Knitty Graffity said...

You've been busy!! See you in a few hours. I really need to go to bed now...

Sock Monkey Headquarters said...

Awww...they are gorgeous hun! I've gotten so many compliments from the little ducky one you gave me...will have to add to my collection next time! Hope ya sell lots :)

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks ladies :)

kimberlee said...

i love the lolly scramble display idea, they look absolutely delicious like that and less work for you!

scotch guard! aren't we clever!

Jesse said...

Gorgeous photos! Scotchguard is indeed a brilliant idea, because they do beg to be touched.

R.W. Scissors said...

The lolly scramble looks so pretty! I'm curious about those little feet in the top photo...

And shucks, thanks for the props! You'll make me blush :) I'm just glad the idea works.

Ruby in the Dust said...

that's a little chinese guy bronwyn; done in tiny cross-stitch.

Valerie said...

These badges are lovely. What a great use of vintage fabric.