Monday, November 23, 2009

Early Christmas


Christmas arrived in the mailbox today, so I thought we might as well have it in the house too. I got my first Christmas ornament from the swap; it came from Emily from Christchurch. It's a lovely little hand-felted star, made from merino and silk, and looks great on our tree.
I put up our very realistic-looking (fake) Christmas tree, and left the boys to decorate it. They loved it, and kept singing things like 'It's not really Christmas yet, falalala-lalala'. Daniel took his job very seriously and wouldn't look up for any photos, and Joshua created an interesting little corner of decorations at the back of the tree. It's so easy to get stressed out with shopping and plans this time of the year, but these boys really put the perspective back for me today...

2 comments:

ily said...

nice work with the decorating boys! glad the star arrived safe and sound. Your so prompt with your christmas decorating! I better get going on mine!

Ruby in the Dust said...

my boys couldn't handle seeing all the decorations in the shops and not having any at home! thanks again for the star :)