Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Extra-curricular launch

I'm so excited to be going to the launch of a new independent magazine tomorrow night, put together by my friend Ellie Smith. It's a real labour of love, with Ellie doing most or all of the writing, photographing, designing, marketing and who knows what else is involved in such a big project. The magazine is called Extra-curricular, and is for and about creative people who do their projects in their spare time, like after work, when the kids are in bed, that sort of thing. Here's the gorgeous cover, featuring one of Ellie's woodland illustrations. And if you squint a bit and look in the second line, you might see the words 'ruby in the dust' too. Obviously I'm a bit biased, but I can't wait to get my hands on a copy tomorrow!
The launch is on at 7pm this Thurdsay at DOC, 352 K' Rd, Auckland; everybody's welcome!

2 comments: