Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Inspiration

When I first started collecting embroidery I used to leave all the applique pieces in the pile, thinking they weren't good enough. For some reason I thought they were machine embroidered, but when I started loking at them more carefully, I realised that the tiny stitches were actually done by hand. Now that they've proven themselves 'worthy', they've become a source of inspiration.
I wanted to create some attractive small brooch cards that I can mount my embroidered brooches on, and after Lucky Penny last week I had a brain wave. Why not create a frame like some of the applique cloths often have, and use some nice fresh colours that work well with the fabrics I use. Why not? Because it could have taken me 2 weeks to figure out how, so I enlisted the help of my friend Nonnie who executed my idea beautifully. Now I'm just about ready for a big mirror and brooch making day on Friday...

7 comments:

Songbird Designs said...

Beautiful. Great idea!

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks Sarah!

R.W. Scissors said...

Lovely idea, and great work by your friend, too! I'm so glad the appliques are still in favour :)

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

They look beaut!! xx

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks ladies!

Danelle said...

Dis so vars, eks mal daaroor!

Ruby in the Dust said...

dankie bieber :)