Friday, November 6, 2009

Stars

Yesterday the boys and I enjoyed a spot of baking (my idea) and toilet training (Joshua's). The first one went very well; that's all I'll say on that subject.


These cookies are really good and so easy to make, they're my new favourite basic bikkie. I found the recipe in an advertising feature in an old Donna Hay mag:

Brown Sugar Cookies

Process 125g chopped cold butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 1/2 cups plain flour in a food processor until it looks like dry breadcrumbs. Add one egg and process until mixture just comes together. Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead gently. Wrap and refrigerate for 1/2 hour, roll out to 3mm thick and cut shapes. Decorate if you wish (I used Smarties). Bake at 180C for 8-10 mins or until golden. Makes approx 40.


Now for something completely different; I guess we could call it an ad break: I took some new journals to my friends over at endemic last week, and they're now up for sale. You can find them here.

3 comments:

The Devonport Craft Market / Cotton Kiwi said...

Thanks for the cookie recipe!! I'm always on the lookout for a shaped biscuit recipe that doesn't fall to pieces when its cooked. I'll try it out with the girls tomorrow.

Ruby in the Dust said...

it's quite robust, but you may have to chill it a couple of times between cutting, the dough gets a bit soft. good luck :)

paperpesto said...

Yum, these look delicious! Love your journals and it was lovely to meet you at Lucky Penny last week. See you at Crafternoon Tea!