Friday, January 8, 2010

Back again

A belated happy new year to you! I've been back from our little new years' camping trip for a week now, but haven't had anything to say yet. I always find it a bit strange returning to the blog after a holiday...


I'm really still on holiday; I promised myself to take a good break the first few months of this year after the hectic couple of months before Christmas. That means making things for myself, like a new 'perfect bag' and some knitting. The bag is adapted from Amy Butler's Frency shoulder bag (I don't have the shoulders for shoulder bags, so I made it into a satchel), and it's made from leather and Emily Bloom fabric I found at Spotlight. The knitting is something I started yesterday after needing an easy project when I finished reading 'The Friday night knitting club' and imagined myself a knitter. I'm not, but I was inspired. It's a scarf that looks like a trailing vine and I'll show it off once it's finished. And the little shweshwe knitting bag is my New Year's gift from Pauline's giveaway; so cute.

As usual, I have so many projects planned for this year, it almost intimidates me thinking about everything I want to do. But in a good way. If I've learned something in 2009 it's that I enjoy being busy; it makes me want to do more. Please remind me of these words when I complain I'm too busy, though...

3 comments:

kimberlee said...

happy returns!

Yes please do take care of your self and go easy at the start of this new year.

those new projects are fabulous!

Anna said...

Hey Happy New Years Missy! Your scarf looks exciting.. its always a good idea to do easy craft at this time of the year (all I've done for ages is one of City's x-stitch kits!)

Take care.. will put up stuff for feb Lucky Penny soon!

Anna

Jesse said...

The scarf is going to be lovely. Glad you're back! I've also had a long holiday, promised myself I'd start posting again today, but already I can feel 101 excuses not to popping up....