Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mirror trouble

I had an unpleasant surprise a couple of weeks ago regarding my pocket mirrors: the one I've been using for the last year suddenly started rattling around in its casing. To cut a long story short, the problem lies with one of the parts I use (a spring); I'd say it's badly designed as opposed to being faulty. The upside is that I think I've come up with a much better idea, which should mean that no mirrors should fail in future.

I'm very concerned that out of all the mirrors I sold in the last year, a few might have done the same. If that has happened to yours, please contact me and I will replace yours (free of charge, of course) if you send me the faulty mirror. I'll honour that until April this year, after that I can offer you a discount on a new one. This is what it looks like: your mirror would be loose enough to shake around in the frame, not just have some movement if you push down on it. If you can still push down on it (not too hard!), the spring is ok. I have to add that I don't think this is a common problem, but I really want to make sure you're happy with my work.


Some good news: in addition to the vintage kids' book illustrations I use on the mirrors, I've also got some beautiful retro fabric if that's more your thing. These were all made using fabric scraps from my massive pile, and came from a tablecloth, pillow cases and offcuts. I love those colours together, they make such a happy little picture.

8 comments:

Zade Sanjay Ringer + Jasmine Hunter said...

Not that it's happened but there's no way on earth you could ply the mirror you made me out of my hands even if it was rattling! It's far too sentimental!

Zade Sanjay Ringer + Jasmine Hunter said...

I meant pry : )

Cat said...

What a gorgeous shot - I just love the colours! such pretty designs.

Jennie said...

What gorgeous fabric!

R.W. Scissors said...

Glad the idea worked!! Re: bottom row, lhs: I had a pillowcase in that print :)

Ruby in the Dust said...

Thanks all of you!! I was so worried I was going to find many angry comments from disgruntled customers today :)

Lies said...

Heleen the 'spiegeltjes zijn prachtig'!!!

justagirl said...

wow these are very cool... so pretty.