Monday, January 18, 2010

Vine

I can report that I finished my knitting project on Friday. It's awesome and I'm so proud of myself for being able to follow a pattern with cryptic instructions like yo and s2kp.

It's called the 'Vining leaves scarf' in this book, but I'd rather call it a knitted necklace. It's a bit like a rope with some leaves on, very much a little vine. The consequence of this success is that I'm now inspired beyond both my ability and means. I found a book in the library with incredible and seemingly impossible patterns, and looked at the easiest one: a tunic using 10 balls of super-chunky wool. Maybe a bit too ambitious and expensive for a relative beginner. I think I'll move on to a moss-stitch facecloth next...

5 comments:

sophiehillartist said...

Love the look of this! Colour is fab!

Anna said...

Amazing! Good on you for attempting something crazy..!

The Devonport Craft Market / Cotton Kiwi said...

Gorgeous Heleen! Well done you! I was given a fab book of knitted flowers and berrys for Christmas if you fancy having a go at more cryptic knitting patterns.

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks guys! i have so much I want to be able to do, like lace and cables; crazy allright!

kimberlee said...

wow wow wow! I know how you feel, I had to watch a lot of youtube videos to learn the crytic code of knitting instructions.

it looks beautiful! you should be proud!