Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ahaaa....

I had one of those moments at Lucky Penny on Tuesday night, when I finally realised what the problem was with my knitting. Was it my uncoordination? (If it wasn't a word before, it is now.) The pattern? The four needles? No, dear readers, I just couldn't purl. I'm almost too embarrased to admit it, but this blog is where I track progress, and that's got to be one of the lowest points I'll be able to look back on one day. So after Penny showed me the way I came home all enthused. I had also learnt the most amazing way to knit small things on a circular needle, but when I tried it at home, it just wouldn't work. My memory failed me, so back I went to four needles.

This time my ribbing worked beautifully, and I've also now conquered the mighty cable. Here I am being impatient. Looks like it will fit though, thank goodness...

4 comments:

Esmi said...

lol, I can't purl either... any tips?

Cat said...

you make me giggle :-)

Ruby in the Dust said...

my best tip would be to watch some online tutorials if you don't have a knitter handy. books are good too. To purl you need the wool in front of the right hand needle, not the back like I attempted to do :)

Jesse said...

Was it the Magic Loop method on a circular that you learned? It's great, I use it for everything that requires 4 needles.