Monday, February 1, 2010

Patching


There's a new girl in town; Molly. I spent a good part of Saturday happily cutting and matching little squares to make these soft foam-filled blocks for her room. I suppose it's the closest I'll get to quilting for a while, even though I'm dying to make something like this.


On the knitting front, I'm attempting something that seems impossible at the moment. I found these beautiful gloves on Knitty and they seemed perfect to learn a few new skills: circular knitting and cables. I know what you're thinking. Yes, I must be crazy. Always inspired beyond my ability, remember. I must have pulled out the whole 2 rows for the 8th time now, but hopefully some clever knitter will help me tomorrow night at Lucky Penny. If not, I'll move on to something easier, like a moss-stitch face cloth...

5 comments:

Megan said...

love the blocks- and I wish I lived in auckland to go the lucky penny club to learn some skills from you clever crafters!

Ruby in the Dust said...

Thanks Megan! You could start a Tauranga LP chapter if you like :)

Anna said...

hehe luckypenny could take over the world! "improving people's lives one crochet square at a time"

Zade Sanjay Ringer + Jasmine Hunter said...

Wow Heleen! Molly will love those bricks forever!

Zade Sanjay Ringer + Jasmine Hunter said...

I mean blocks!