Thursday, February 18, 2010

Quirky. Mystery.

I found out this morning that the latest Good magazine has one of my brooches inside (thanks Nonnie!). Off I went and bought it; as usual it's full of the most wonderful articles and products, including a fashion page with 'quirky, crafted accessories'. That's right, that brooch is pretty quirky. I made a few like that when I first started the embroidered brooches. The mystery is where they found it. I'm going to have to guess the stylist is a reader (hi and thank you!), because that brooch was given away right here in 2008! I'd like to believe you're in the right place for stylish, crafted accessories, which you can find on Toggle and Felt, and if you are after something more quirky, just drop me a line :)

8 comments:

nzgreenbuttons said...

I spotted your "nice" brooch the other day. Congratulations, it looks great.

Jennie said...

'Nice' one Heleen!

Little Miss Flossy said...

I saw it too, lovely to spot the work of someone you know. I wear my Ruby brooch regularly :-)

Kimberlee and Lies said...

So great! And hee it IS a nice brooch eh. Well done you.
-lies

Danelle Hugo-van Eeden & Tharina Jonker said...

NICE!!!

Bee said...

I saw this the other day waiting in a doctors surgery. I took a snap of it for you incase you hadn't seen it. Then I found this post. I'm so behind! Ha.

Annabel said...

Hello, it's Annabel the editor of Good here! Sorry we featured something a bit out of date, but hopefully readers will find and like your new brooches too!

I'm a big fan of your teddy bears - bought one for a friend's baby a year or so ago :-)

Email me whenever you have any new products - our email addresses are on our website!

Ruby in the Dust said...

Hi Annabel, Thanks so much for your comment! i'm so honoured to have my work in your wonderful magazine, no matter how outdated :)