Saturday, May 29, 2010

Buttoned scarves

Gosh, it's nippy today. Can you see? That's me trying not to shiver too much while modeling by the back door. Glamorous, hey.
So this is what I've been busy with the last couple of days. As usual, it took a bit longer than expected. Just try and unpick a badly positioned buttonhole from some boiled wool, and you'll know what I mean. These scarves are based on a design I made last winter, but this year I've shortened them and added some beautiful buttons. The linings are all old scarves, mostly silk, and the outside fabrics are all wool from my stash. There's boiled wool, thick felted wool and thinner woven wool. All sure to keep your neck toasty, either nicely under a coat or on its own. Here's a few you'll see on my table tomorrow at Kraftbomb. I'll also do a shop update on Monday and list a couple.


2 comments:

Cotton Kiwi said...

They are gorgeous Heleen! Love the linings and buttons. Very styly!

Little Miss Flossy said...

Very cool - hope kraftbomb goes well for you. And thanks for my rebound book, it arrived safely in between rain showers yesterday.