Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy happy

It's my birthday today and I'm just popping in for a quick hello between meeting some friends for morning tea and packing for a girls' weekend away. It's the most beautiful, warm May I can remember; it really does not feel like my normally wet and cold birthday. To brighten things up even more, my choice of lovely Felt finds has been featured on today's Felt like Friday.

But wait, there's more! I also discovered my 'Aladdin' journal in the Felt favourites of Wellington indie folk band Rosy Tin Teacaddy. I first heard about them in the lovely World Sweet World summer music compilation; beautiful music. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Angela said...

Happy birthday!! Hope your having a great day and that the sun is shine in your part of the world!

Jacqui said...

It's my birthday too! Happy birthday to you :) And yes, isn't the weather a bit nuts at the moment? In a good way of course, I've been awfully cold on my birthday a few times since moving here but today isn't one of them.

Lesley Webb said...

Happy Birthday SIL xxxx Card & pressie are in the post for you to get when you're home from your lovely weekend off!

I just read the interview with Rosy Tin Teacaddy - and laughed out loud at the following:

If your music took physical shape what would it look like? What would it be made of?
Betty: It'd be a hand-knitted cardigan lined with cryptic crosswords.
Billy: Yeah, the buttons wouldn't quite line up right, but the colour would be perfect and everyone would give you nice comments to your face and then roll their eyes behind your back.

L xxx

Kelly said...

I obviously read your post with closed eyes earlier!

Hope you're having a fantastic birthday!

Cat said...

Happy birthday - Oooo a girls weekend, how lovely! Enjoy - and thanks for including me in your felt favourites!

WendyCarole said...

Happy birthdya xxx

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks everybody! had a great weekend away: lots of talking, laughing,eating and drinking, also some crying. all good...