Sunday, May 9, 2010

Indulgence

I was thoroughly spoiled this morning when I got a sleep-in and breakfast in bed for Mother's Day. My personal waiters Daniel and Joshua were very excited about the event and kept running in from the kitchen to report back on exactly how far the bacon was and how chef Craig was managing. I sat there thinking just how special these everyday moments are, and how easily we forget them. I hope one day when the boys are older, they might read this blog and see glimpses of themselves as enthusiastic little explorers, affectionate little brothers and sons. Earlier this week I've also been quite indulgent, as today's title suggests. I'm knitting a scarf because I fell in love with the yarn. It's Moda Vera Fiammone, from the big 25% off yarn sale at Spotlight last weekend. I decided on a simple stocking stitch broken up with eyelets for a bit of interest. It should be finished very soon, 10mm needles are such a quick knit.

On Friday I had a much-needed spring clean in my craft room, and sorted through all my fabric. I rediscovered a piece of linen I got from the kindy (they had all sorts of fabrics donated to them) that I've been meaning to sew up for ages. I made another lovely layering dress from my Japanese book Sewing Talk; it's the only thing I've had the guts to make out of it so far.
And finally... My new best friends. It was love at first sight; an early birthday present to myself. I love the military style/Victorian feel they have, and they are sooo comfortable. I'm sure they'll see a lot of use this winter.
Hope you have a lovely week!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Happy Mother's Day Heleen!
Those boots are fabulous!!!x

Ruby in the Dust said...

Thanks Jennie!

R.W. Scissors said...

What a nice first paragraph :) I'm going to grill you about those boots next time I see you - they're beautiful!

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks bron! You're not going to believe where those boots came from... It starts with an H...