Sunday, May 23, 2010

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

It's starting to rain outside; apparently there's some serious weather on its way. Our little family spent this afternoon huddled in the lounge around the fire, knitting, watching rugby and eating pikelets. And tonight we watched our favourite scenes from 'Mary Poppins'.


This past week I read the boys the Mary Poppins Little Golden book based on the movie, after which I joined a new DVD rental shop just to get a copy. The book was one of my favourites as a child; one of the first English* books I took out from the library. It was every bit as magical as I remember, and the boys have fallen head over heels for Mary. When I couldn't fit everything in my hands into my bag the other day, Daniel even suggested I should try to be a bit more like Mary Poppins! I don't know where I can get my hands on a capacious carpet bag like hers; let me know if you do...

*I only started speaking English in primary school; it's my second language, which I'm sure explains a lot :)

1 comment:

Lesley Webb said...

So funny - I also read an abridged version of the story to Carly recently - from one of my own childhood books - with illustrations from the Disney animated film. Really brought it back to me too - don't really remember seeing the movie, but certainly the story. Lots of gay-ness!