Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Monday

It's a new week again, so let me show you what I've been up to these last few days. Last week I made some new pouches, including this sweet fantail one that I've listed in my Felt shop. The others are for Kraftbomb at the end of the month.
I've been knitting. This is a face cloth knitted from chenille, and is soft and fluffy. A gift for a dear friend.
Finally, we've been studying volcanoes. Daniel is very interested in them and is asking so many questions; if I'd known I was going to have such scientific little boys, I might have chosen to study Biology and Geography in high school. But I didn't, and so we got a heap of books from the library and then made our own volcano. We made the mountain from plaster of paris, which the boys loved painting, and then we added the lava. No, it's not blood and dishwashing liquid. We just added a bit of food colouring (ok, a lot) to the vinegar and baking soda. I read somewhere dishwashing liquid is in fact also a good idea, but it turns out the lava was bubbling quite happily without it.

4 comments:

Polka Dot Daze said...

You have been busy. I love that bird purse, very sweet. I imagine volcanoes are not too far away for me too.

Jacqui said...

Gosh I love your bags! They're really lovely. I regret sending the two I bought off as presents, I think I might have to buy myself one!

That volcano looks very...active. We did the baking soda and vinegar down the drains the other day and Hazel thought it was brilliant. Which it was!

Ruby in the Dust said...

Apparently my brother-in-law thinks the volcano looks like a severed limb :) I agree, it does look quite gruesome! It works though, hehe.

Jesse said...

Awesome volcano!!!