Monday, June 21, 2010

Obi Wan

I made myself a type of obi belt last night using New Look 6803. I had to adapt it a bit though; the original belt was so short, I could barely tie the ends together. But I ended up overcompensating a bit, didn't really plan for the belt to reach my knees! Here it is on, with me standing on our pew a la Dottie Angel. I love the patterned fabric; it's a poplin from Spotlight, no doubt intended for little girls' sun dresses. Lacking a little girl, I had to use it for myself, teamed with an upholstery fabric remnant from the curtain shop. Perfect colour combination, don't you think?

I like it so much I had to share it, so here it is used to line a woollen buttoned scarf, ready for Kraftbomb this Sunday.
I've also made a few more crowns for my table, using some of the beautiful vintage woven braid in my stash. Sorry about the photos, they look so much better in the real world, so you'll have to come and meet them on Sunday.

I feel like I'm neglecting my little blog these days, but I've been working on a project for the Auckland Art and Craft Fair and I'll share it as soon as it's ready. Have a great week everybody :)

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

Neat belt! I'm wanting to try something similar that's in an Ottobre magazine, although it says the instructions are on their blog an darned if I can find them.

That fabric is really lovely. I have a few chance finds like that from Spotlight, several that I wish I'd bought more of at the time! It looks quite Scandinavian in both design and colours.

Polka Dot Daze said...

I love that belt! I love that fabric too!

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks ladies :) nothing like a colourful little accessory to brighten up your day, hey...

Jesse said...

Very nice belt! You've just convinced me to try one too!

Justin said...

The human foot is highly functional. It is important to find a shoe that understanding how the foot works. In my personal experience, one of them is the adidas shoes.Do you like athletic? Where you buy your athletic shoes? Do you know any shop offering aiddas outlet? Well, yesterday, I found one, very nice. You can have a try.Do you like Air Jordan 1, Air Jordan 4 and Air Jordan 13 ? Will you choose them? I hope you can give me a answer.