Monday, July 26, 2010

Fairly

Were you at the fair on Saturday? It seems half of Auckland went; it was really busy, all 4 hours of it. Jess and Kylie did a great job organising and promoting it, and the quality of work there was just awesome. I had some lovely neighbours: Belinda aka Blendy with her sock knitting packs, Rachelle from Birdspoke, Melissa from Tiny Happy, Nuzilla and a few others joined me in the Room under the Stairs. I'd love to tell you it was a great commercial success for me, but unfortunately it wasn't. As soon as I'd put up my stall, I wished I had my journals, felt kits and other bits on a full table. But now I'm prepared for next time, which I think will be in December, and should be even bigger and better, knowing those two ladies.


The upside of this is that I have a lot of new stock ready to go, so today I listed a few pouches in my Felt shop. I also spent most of the day in a frenzy of mid-winter spring-cleaning. My workroom is such a mess, I can barely find space to put things. Time to organize and take stock, so to speak. It's almost August, and that means just a few months before the madness of Christmas making. Am I the only person thinking about Christmas in July??

4 comments:

KIM said...

the fair was crazzzy!!! and amazing! i wish i had time to go and look around and meet everyone..

and ur not crazy for thinking christmas in July... i was just thinking about it last night!!! i am glad im not the only one :)

clare :: greenvalleycrafts said...

Yup, thinking about Christmas here too...want to make stockings for kids and heaps more...oh dear!

melissa said...

it was so nice to meet you on saturday, and see your gorgeous work in real life.

Ruby in the Dust said...

Pfew, glad I'm not alone on the Christmas thing! I even got a Christmas crafts book at the library today; I'd love to try to make those cute little cardboard houses with lots of glitter-snow on the roof :)

It was lovely to finally meet you too Melissa!