Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weekend sewing

I've been doing a bit of sewing today to get ready for the Devonport Craft Market tomorrow. I haven't been for aaages, and am really looking forward to catching up with old friends and the lovely people of Devonport.


I'm also very inspired to sew a few things for myself from this beautiful book I got from the library this week. It's Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross and it's full of projects I'd like to tackle.

My work room needs a new look and layout, but unfortunately I don't think it will all fit into a wardrobe. Pity, it looks so nice and tidy...
This dress is just perfect for the 3m of printed cotton I recently picked up while on holiday. Think I'll give it some straps though...
And since I'm always looking for interesting new pouch and bag patterns, this one really appeals.

I really love this book; the design, illustrations and clear instructions, and the practical and beautiful projects. I'm hooked; might need to get my own copy!



3 comments:

Frangipani said...

That's the beauty of the library isn't it? You can 'try before you buy'. I've been doing a bit of that lately. And that sewing space looks amazing-oh to have one of those but who could ever keep their sewing space that tidy?!

Jessica W said...

I got that book out a few months ago too, totally the wrong time of year as it was all Summer stuff and I was feeling far too cold so unfortunately nothing got made, I should have gotten it now like you! I loved the little ruffled bloomers, I've been making several pairs for baby shower gifts, so sweet.

P.S anyone that can keep their sewing space that tidy isn't doing it right ;)

Ruby in the Dust said...

tidy is what I need! craig and I are going to renovate an old cupboard from the shed into some fabric storage, but there'll be no space for my sewing machine in there :)