Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Inside

As promised, the cupboard... (dramatic drumroll please)...

I have enjoyed this project so much. I was going to say 'little project', but it wasn't. It was big. This represents days of folding fabric into exact sizes, metres of culled hopefuls, a spring-clean of epic proportions, and a new me. That's going a bit far, but I have come to like this shade of yellow very much.
And my sewing area has been moved, closer to the window (that's the curtain shading the corner there). Please note my new favourite accessory, the Knife Rack for Scissors.
My lovely old library card filing drawer. I wish I could figure out a Dewey system for ribbons.
The box of offcuts and would-be pouches. Mmmm. Can't wait to get some sewing done now.

15 comments:

Jaz said...

Gorgeous! Well done.

Angela said...

Love it!! Love the yellow

Songbird Designs said...

Jealous does not it - can you make one for me?? Sx

Songbird Designs said...

I meant to say Jealous does not describe it...

Foxes Shop said...

that looks.... amazing. I don't even know if that is an epic enough word for it! I so need to do that once we're in our new house. Well done, it looks just gorgeous (loving the scissor rack!) xx

Frangipani said...

What a wonderful space fro your creative materials. I love that kind of organistion and order:)

Alida said...

I love the yellow colour! I need to do a big organise sometime

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks guys! I don't expect it will stay that tidy though, knowing myself...

nzgreenbuttons said...

Oh wow! I'm so jealous! It looks great. I certainly love that knife rack for your scissors, what a great idea.

Anna said...

Wow! Good work! haha 'Extreme Craft Room Makeover' :)

Jacqui said...

When I was a kid I had my bedroom painted a lovely sunny yellow. It may have been a bit much for a room but my goodness it's great on a cupboard! I love it - and all the yummy stuff you have inside it. Those blankets at the bottom look scrummy.

melissa said...

wow- it's all so wonderful, heleen!

Cadi said...

This is gorgeous!

littleminx said...

wow, this looks amazing. I am so jealous - any time you wanna pop over and do mine...

Anonymous said...

That's so cool Heleen. I'm inspired! Lisa