Friday, August 13, 2010

Yellow

I've been busy with the powertools and paint brushes this week, so please forgive the long absence. My post about the cupboard the other day got me thinking, and as usual that got me into trouble. I needed some more storage for my fabric library and Craig suggested looking in the shed for something useable, and then I saw it. Or just looked at it differently, because it's been sitting there patiently for 8 years, waiting for me to notice it... This backless, dirty old kitchen cabinet, that is (the photos were taken a while into the job; you'll have to imagine the whole thing together):
Now it's been sanded, painted, resanded and -painted a few times, given a back with pretty paper glued on, stencilled, and generally beautified as much as it can handle. I don't have a photo of the finished product, as we still need to carry it into the house, put the doors on and fix it to the wall, but here are some sneaky peeks. The yellow was a late-night epiphany; not a colour I would normally choose for anything, but it works and now I love it. Wattyl Meringue Pie, mmm.
This stencil is a variation on my favourite tree design, and was used on the two top doors. I'll post more photos when it's all done and I can see the floor in my work room. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Wow! I'm looking forward to seeing it all finished!

littleminx said...

Wow, what a lot of work! That yellow definitely works