Monday, September 13, 2010

Cotton

I have a lot of cotton, and in my recent spring clean frenzy decided that my current little reel stands just weren't good enough. Off I went in search of something simple, big and attractive that can hang on the wall. That's not asking too much, is it? Apparently it was.


But wait, I have a Very Handy Husband. And look what he made me! Ooh, I love him!

And here is a picture of my new and improved work station, with the very functional reel holder in context. It was at that very work station that I had my own little sweat shop last week; slaving away for hours on end to make 10 new zip pouches. I'm slowly but surely getting ready for all the markets I have booked spots at over the next 3 months.



8 comments:

Cat said...

OMG, I love him too - can you lend him out? I have been eyeing these up on Etsy... do you reckon he would take a commission and make me one???

Your purses look lovely too, but I am afraid I only have eyes for your cotton reel holder :-)

Foxes Shop said...

geez, that's just genius, I'll put in an order too!! Your work station is looking great =) love the poster from the last frankie, I have that up above my work desk too, it just seemed right haha xx

nzgreenbuttons said...

my goodness I'm jealous! that is so cool. Now to try and convince my husband he to make me one!

Seaside Siblings said...

That looks great, wish I had a husband capable of making something like that, lol.

Lesley Webb said...

Clever bugger, isn't he? What a glorious riot of colour your cotton reels are - but so orderly now, on their own little pins!

frangipani said...

What a great idea. I have only recently started sewing and as my cotton collection steadily grows I have been wondering what would be the best way to store it to prevent tangling and so that colours are easy to find. I have a handy husband so will have to give him a hint!Thanks for sharing

imba said...

Now that is a thing of the utmost beauty. I think you'd better keep him!

Ruby in the Dust said...

hehe, thanks guys! He is really cool, hey. cat and Jess, Craig said the materials were about $40, so I don't know if it will be worth paying him; how much are they on Etsy? I might get him to give me a rundown of materials used so I can put it up here as a little tutorial for handy types...