Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pillowcase

A while back I posted a picture of a little stack of fabrics and trims in my WIP pile. Today I am pleased to reveal what that has become...
It's a tote bag made from a lovely pillowcase I found at the Sallies. I wrote a bag tutorial for the latest Extra-Curricular magazine, which I got in the mail today. As usual, it's full of interesting people, stunning design, and this time there's even a tiny little activity book with 8 tutorials, including mine. You might also notice my name in the article on craft blogging, which was written by Anissa Ljanta.

The bag has already seen much use, and is perfect for togs and towels or a picnic rug and hats. I hope you try making one too!

3 comments:

Stella said...

I just got my copy too! How great is this issue?! Cool to see you in there, awesome tutorial!

nzgreenbuttons said...

got mine too, I've got a couple of thrifted pillowcases I'd love to try this with. I really like your one, such a fresh looking bag

Ruby in the Dust said...

let me know when you try the bag, would love to see some photos :)