Friday, December 17, 2010

Colour therapy

There's a love fiesta on in my craft room. Before you get any ideas, it's only on fabric :) Gorgeous, hey. I've always loved these paper cuts (ok, any paper cuts really) and when I spotted this design on Spoonflower I just had to have it. It's part of a lovely collection by designer Samarra Khaja, or Sammy K, whose work is so fresh and colourful.
I've been thinking about getting my designs printed over on Spoonflower, but after reading of so many people's disappointment with the printed colours vs how it looks on screen, I followed some good advice and got a yard of RGB colours printed. This way I can choose my actual colours before I start the design on the computer. And here is part of that yard, slightly out of focus but still very, ahem, colourful.

I've noticed a few examples in the shops and online of printed Kraft paper, which has such a natural look and feel to it. Imagine my excitement when I discovered this wrapping paper in the Warehouse the other day. I was tempted to buy all the rolls in the shop, honestly; it's so charming and old-fashioned looking. I might just wrap everything in it this year: birthdays, baby showers, weddings, they all need some birds and baubles if you ask me.

4 comments:

nzgreenbuttons said...

I saw someone walking today with that wrapping paper and I nearly asked where it was from! Thanks, now I know. Very cool fabric too

Lesley said...

Love the love fabric and love the paper. Sometimes the Warehouse turns up something quite unexpected - like this. It's all birdies and owls right now, isn't it?

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

Paper flags! I shall try to remember to bring you a real life one to KB if you like! :)

Ruby in the Dust said...

glad it helped, Louana! yep, the W'house has its brilliant moments, as much as we all bag it most of the time :) Olivia, I thought of you when I got this fabric. saw your beautiful little flags on your blog the other day, can't wait to meet one :)