Monday, December 6, 2010

Handmade


I'm very excited to tell you about my plans for June next year. Yes, it's very far away, I know. But I've already got my whole Queen's Birthday weekend planned: I'll be teaching! In what feels like a previous life from long long ago, I used to teach. As you might have noticed from all the tutorials on this blog, I've still got a bit of that in me. So when I was approached by a nice lady at Craft 2.0 in October about teaching a workshop at Handmade, I was very interested.


Handmade will be held in Wellington and is going to be a multi-stream event with workshops and master-classes in different streams, all teaching handmade skills. I'm going to teach two workshops: Take one pillowcase, which will take you through a few projects using upcycled pillowcases, and Making a cloth art doll, which will be a double-length workshop teaching you how to make one of my dolls. I will be joined by such crafty superstars as Melissa from Tiny Happy, Belinda from Blendy Knits and Heike from Minu, who will be teaching their respective skills of sewing, knitting and printmaking.
And as a bonus, it looks like my classes are starting later in the day, which gives me two mornings free for walking around (or maybe being blown around) Wellington! Great for a girl who just can't get enough of the place :)

5 comments:

Lesley said...

That's great! I wonder if there are any plans to have an event like this in Auckland?

Jacqui said...

Lucky Wellington! Might be time for a visit with my cousin who, just coincidentally, lives in Plimmerton ;)

Polka Dot Daze said...

Yay! I'll be joining you too!

Ruby in the Dust said...

It's going to be a great weekend! Jacqui, it will be the perfect time to visit your cousin, and maybe get some crafting done too :) Hope we're all staying in the same hotel, Stacey, that will be fun!

melissa said...

hooray! i can't wait to join you on that project. :) also looking forward to seeing you on saturday (eek! it's coming up fast...)