Friday, January 21, 2011

Snapfish

At the end of last year I became a Flickr Pro and got a free photo book from Snapfish. I had such fun choosing our best photos from the year and organising them onto 20 pages, and onc I got started it only took me one or two evenings. This seems to be the perfect solution to my laziness when it comes to printing, sorting and putting photos into albums (which explains why my 3 year-old's baby photos are still in printers' envelopes!). This book is canvas-covered, 20x28cm. Here are some pages from our 2010 book:



When they were having a discount recently, I made another book for the boys. It's photos from our recent holiday, with text that is simple enough for the boys to read or make up as they go. We picked it up today and it's lovely. This one's a smaller paperback with custom cover; what a cover by the way!
Aah, happy times...

5 comments:

Jessicah Win said...

Your book looks lovely. I've been hesitant to order one, not having seen one 'in the flesh'. What is the page quality like?

Ruby in the Dust said...

Hi Jessica,
I was also a bit hesistant about the stock, but it's ok. I would personally prefer it to be a bit thicker, but it's nicely bound (stitched) and printed. Both my books have the same paper weight (150gsm), so maybe do a cheaper one first to see for yourself.

Lesley said...

Oooh I'm all motivated now to do some more for us too!

Becky said...

These photo journals are great. They look fab and are a fantastic way to record family life. My sister recieved one from her Sister in law for Christmas, she showed me on Skype and said it was her favourite present for Xmas!
Becky:))

Ruby in the Dust said...

It makes such a personal gift; I can imagine it would be very well received :) My family just got theirs and love it too, thank goodness!