Monday, March 7, 2011

Best


Move over Pascalle West, this IS the best bag ever. Now that's a grand claim, I know, but I think this might be it. I've been lugging around enormous shoulder bags and totes the last few months, and found that the more things I can stuff in, the smaller the chances are of actually finding those things when I need it. So yesterday I sat down and thought about my needs (small bag, space for small Pump water bottle/sunglasses, individual pockets for phone and I-pod, messenger strap). I drew up a pattern, spent most of the day in my work room, and here it is.
I'm so happy with it that I think I might make another and photograph the process for a pattern and tutorial for my shop.

6 comments:

Cotton Kiwi said...

Looks awesome Heleen!

Jacqui said...

Brave brave woman taking on Pascale like that, though I suspect she'd argue that since yours lacks any westie details hers still rule. It looks very useful, having been scuttling with a large bag with inadequate interior pockets today yours really appeals!

Hey, all of my emails responding to your comments on my blog have been bouncing back after a few failed delivery attempts. Gmail says that your ISP is refusing the connection. Not sure if the issue is with my commenting system, gmail or your ISP but thought I'd just let you know.

Jacqui said...

Ummm... That would be 'battling' with a large bag, not scuttling, amusing as that image is. Darn iPhone spellchecker is the worst!

Jesse said...

Wow, that is a great bag!

greta @ topography said...

I love the pocket on the outside, very clever!

Nonavee Dale said...

That is awesome.