Sunday, April 17, 2011

'In the Neighbourhood' range



Ta-daaaaah! Let me introduce you properly to my new babies: 'Early birds' and 'Doors and windows' (Birds and Frames for short). The elements for the new designs come straight out of the original 'In the Neighbourhood' and were inspired by a need for smaller prints that can work on smaller pieces. You can blame my new interest in quilting and patchwork for that...


I wanted to make something with them before I posted about it so that you can see how the designs work together. And how great are those co-ordinating solids; all just from the quilting section at Spotlight! I was very tempted to get some panels printed in coral or mustard, but in the end I settled on Deep Red, Aqua and Biscuit. I think those three colours can successfully be mixed and matched in any combination, plus they're not gender-specific. My base cloth is a beautiful pure white Quilter's Muslin and I think the designs really stand out on this.


I'm planning on sewing a quite a few things from these, but have also put them in my Etsy shop to see how they go (Frames, Birds, Neighbourhood). I'd love to hear what you think about it :)

5 comments:

nzgreenbuttons said...

Wow, they are amazing Heleen! I love them.

Lesley said...

Wow - I have to say I LOVE the red! Middle pic wins for me. Love the big areas of print together - awesome.

Rachael Brown Photography said...

these are FAN-FLIPPIN_TASTIC!

Karlientjie said...

Amazing!!!

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks everybody! I'm really happy with them. am planning a post soon about more developments...